Thursday, March 12, 2009

Thoughts

I'm not sure why, but the beginning of the week is so easy to get through as far as eating right, excercise and weight loss is concerned. Then for some weird reason come about Thursday/Friday and I start feeling discouraged, disheartened, depressed and feeling like I am not making any progress. Why is that? I really don't have a clue.

Of course if I stepped on the scale today and saw that I had lost another 5 lbs, I would be ecstatic. But we all know that isn't going to happen. I gotta say on days like this, doing any kind of lifestyle change/excercese regime really bites. I feel like the thought of it consumes me, and I can think of nothing else all day. It's a drudgery and I am just muscling my way through the day. I don't have the compulsion to cheat, but my heart just isn't in it.

On good days I am excited, and happy to be doing it. I have lots of energy and a positive outlook. ~sigh~ I think one thing that gets me down, sometimes even on good days, is knowing it is going to take months to get the body I want. My goal is three months. Which I know isn't that long compared to the two years I have been putting on the weight! The road ahead just seems so long. One day at a time, one day at a time, that is what I keep telling myself!

Even on the bad days I have no desire to quit. That thought hasn't even crossed my mind. I am NOT going to let food and laziness get in the way of feeling good about myself and having enough energy to be a great mom to my kids and to be the temple God intended my body to be for Him! It is shameful and a sin that I have not taken better care of it! No more though, only victory for me from now on. With the help of my Saviour!

1 comment:

Charisse said...

I didn't see this post earlier on. Yes, I am getting to bed but thought I would comment on this too. Are you still getting discouraged on Thursdays and Fridays. It is almost like we get bored with certain routines at the end of the week and when a fresh week comes along, we are renewed with fresh excitement and motivation. Good on ya for not being beaten by how you feel. With Jesus anything is possible! You keep at it gal! I'm proud of you!
Love Charisse