Friday, March 20, 2009

She's a Plundering Fool

Since I last blogged Gwenny has taken the opportunity to get into the drawer in the bathroom where I keep my maxi pads and panti liners and open all of them up and leave them on the bathroom floor, and get out the blank dvd's Donny uses to copy things to and scatter them all over the dining room floor. The girl is a mess waiting to happen. My other two children were not like this. Kayleigh was an angel in every way, and Gabe was no angel, he leaned a little toward the devilish side alot, a fact which worried me, but he never plundered! So she drives me crazy with her exploration. We do in fact lock most drawers and cabinets to keep her out, she just happens to know which ones we have not gotten to yet, wise little girl!

I have now been walking everyday for three weeks so I decided to start trying to gradually work some running in to the routine. Holy Cramp! I am no runner that is for sure. I ran for a total of maybe 8 minutes today, and I split that into two chunks amidst my walking. I am going to forge ahead though because I can just feel the fat melting off when I run! I just have to literally get through the running with sheer will power 'cause it ain't easy. I am now walking at 3.7 miles an hour for 45 minutes to an hour a day and that is quite a brisk pace let me tell ya!

I have decided that my goal for a giveaway is 160 lbs., so I hope it happens quickly. As of this past Monday I was 11 away from that, so keep tuning in to find out when the I hit that magic number. My ultimate goal is 145, so I might do another one when I reach that goal, and I should really make it a doosy 'cause I am going to have to work super hard to get there! Happy Friday everyone!

3 comments:

Hannah said...

I read somewhere that to burn the most calories, after you have walked a bit (warmed up properly) you should RUN as hard and as fast as you can for 30 seconds...60 if you can stand it, and then back down to walking until your breath evens out. Repeat. Do that several times throughout the week, and it's supposed to REALLY max the calories you burn.
I plan to try it when I can run again without all my baby bumps and bulges getting in the way.
Just thought I'd share that tidbit picked up somewhere. I'm really proud of you, you're doing great!

Hannah said...

Ok, I was WAY off. It was run as hard and fast as you can for 10-15 SECONDS. Then walk until normal breathing returns and repeat, if you can.
Paul was taught this years ago, when he had extensive training from the Covert Bailey people (back when we had money and no kids!)
Just wanted to clarify.

And I forgot to say that it sounds like you get enough exercise with Gwen around! :)

CrossView said...

She's sounds like an adorable handful! But I imagine you will continue to have your hands full. LOL! Sounds like she's a smart one!

And congrats on your progress.....