Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Typical Mom Day

All high school students should have to live for one full week with all the responsibilities of a mom with at least 2 kids, preferably more. Cause I'm telling you even those of us who were "old" when we had our kids and were in a good marriage would have thought good and hard before having kids if we truly knew how hard it was when they are little.

I am soooo sleepy this morning, Gabe did not fall asleep until about midnight last night, so I did not get to sleep til after he did. Today is my day to take snack to Kayleigh's brownie meeting tonight, so I am working on homemade cookies right now. I know, I know, I could have just bought something today since I am so tired, but I was determined not to. I am really bad about having the plans to make something homemade and then caving and buying store made, so I purposed to not do that this time, and thankfully they are almost all done! Gwen is cutting God only knows how many teeth right now and is super fussy. I have neither showered nor brushed my teeth yet. And this definitely is not one of the "bad" days, it's just a typical day.

I want to clarify that I love being a stay at home mom, but being a mom, either stay home or work outside the home, is not for the faint of heart. There is lots of vomit, poop, sleepless nights, baby fat (mine, not theirs), stress, snot, slobber, did I mention vomit and puke? But there is also, big beautiful innocent eyes, soft baby curls, laughs, love, hugs, kisses and smiles of pure joy. I guess the payoff is worth it, but the journey can be kind of rough!

5 comments:

Sara@iSass said...

Sending you a BIG hug. Being a SAH mom is really tough. But it returns to us and makes us tougher. And I think more loving.
You go girl for homemade treats. It seems like every place around here won't allow it. And I make a mean Chocolate Chip cookie!
Lots of love and a few cheers for you Jennifer!

Hannah said...

What a nice mommy to go ahead and make the homemade version. I have been noticing at just about every function I attend these days, how few people actually bake or cook anything anymore. Ok, so I'm one of those people, but you have inspired me.

Hope you are feeling better too!

CrossView said...

Amen! Now that would be a real education that might make kids think twice... Better than those fake dolls that teens take home!

Charisse said...

How are you feeling, Jennifer? Are you feeling unwell still? I am encouraged to hear that I am not the only one who has many days where I feel exhausted! Bless you heaps. I pray that you will feel better heaps soon.
I am back from camp! I am so excited I cannot remember who I have told. I wrote an update in my journal. I am so excited that God enabled it to be such a success! We have been praying that camp would be a success for so long! It was great!
Love ya heaps,
Charisse

Jen said...

You're like super mom!!!

And yes, hands on experience would be a good deterrent!