Monday, September 1, 2008

My oldest baby turns 8!

I know people have been saying this for the past 2000 years, but where has the time gone! I cannot believe it has been 8 years since she was born. The first few years of her life were so tough because of all the hurdles we faced and seemed to just go by, one lazy day after another, with no end in sight to her being a lovable sweet innocent toddler. And then she started kindergarten and, bam, her life is flying by like an airplane.

She has come such a long way. For a little girl who didn't walk until she was almost 2, or say any words until she was over 2. Couldn't jump, run, hop, skip, or do any of the things her friends were doing when they were 2 or 3, didn't feed herself until she was like 19 months, and we had no idea if she would ever be completely "normal", she is amazing! She not only walks, she plays kick ball with all her friends at school, she won't shut up most of the time, lol, jumps on the trampoline, and does all the things a normal 8 year old does. I look back at those first few weeks of her life and I am so thankful for where she is today. It was a devastating time in our lives and we didn't know where life would take us with this beautiful red headed baby that we loved so much and hurt so much for. It has been the best ride of our lives and we are so blessed and so thankful to God for her everyday.

She is still a lovable sweet innocent little girl, who is sooo smart and compassionate, of which I am the most proud of her. I hope the next 8 years are just as sweet as the first 8, although I think we might be in for a bumpy ride, lol! Thank you God for my children.

3 comments:

Shel said...

Bittersweet isn't it??!!

I didn't catch your post on my blog about meeting up until it was too late - sorry!

We were running around like crazy that day anyways and I wouldn't have had time :(

I've never heard the story of your oldest and why everything was delayed - do tell sometime!

Hannah said...

Happy birthday to Kayleigh. I can't believe it either, even though I have my own eight year old. I'm so happy she is thriving, and she's beautiful. Just like her mom!

Charisse said...

Hello Jennifer,
I found your blog through Hannah's blog and I found hers through another friend. I always enjoy catching up on other Christian's lives and their kids. My name is Charisse and I have an illness called Fanconi Anaemia. I have my own blog as well and I live in Australia. I found your blog very encouraging.
Bless you,
Charisse