Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Our ENT visit and our bed.

I'll start with Gwen's ear issues. We saw an ENT today because she has been having lots of ear infections, and on the last one her ear drum burst. We weren't even there 2 minutes and he said let's do tubes. Hallelujah for not beating around the bush! First he said this isn't even ear infection season, so it won't get better, it will only get worse. Second she is allergic to amoxicyllin(SP?) and that limits the doctors ability to treat the infections properly, plus you don't want your kids on meds all the time. And third with her ear drum rupturing that starts more complications, so in other words let's just nip it in the bud and do tubes. Yay for a nip-it-in-the-bud-doctor. The end of August is when they will get done.

We got our select comfort bed in today. They told me on delivery day they would call me about 30 minutes before they came to let me know a specific time, the general time was between 9 and 1. It was about 10:30, and I am in the midst of rushing to get 3 kids ready for Gwen's appointment and the select comfort guys call and say they are at my house with the bed! I was like "what, I thought you were supposed to call before you show up", they said they did and left me a message. Well I had no message on my phone. I can't miss Gwen's appointment, so I call my friend Julie, and thankfully she goes over there ,in her jammies, to let them in. What a good friend. And the poor thing ended up getting stung by a bee while she was there. I owe her big time!

No comments: