Tuesday, October 14, 2008

We went to a pumpkin patch on Saturday. Gotta say it wasn't the best day ever. First it was hot, 85 degrees. There is just something not right about it being that warm while you are out celebrating fall. Gwen was't feeling that great, translate, screamed, whined, pretty much made me miserable too. Kayleigh and Gabe were really whiney too when we first got there. But after lunch and a drink, everyone perked up and had a really good time. Here are some pics. Now I am not the best picture taker, and totally forget to take pictures of like the sign and such to remember where we were, but here are my feeble attempts at pictures.



Here is everyone when we first got there.

I wish you could see what this picture is really about. There was a "scary" barn, very tame, that had a man holding his head talking to us. But not scary at all, even though it sounds very age inappropriate for a 1 and 3 year old, lol! Anyway, that thing held Gwen in a trance, it was soo funny, everyone was laughing at her.



Of course here they are with the pumpkins.




I think the kids did have some fun, it's a memory anyway, lol.

I found out yesterday that I have tendenitis in my right foot. Pretty much my big toe will not bend, really funky. I hurt it back in the winter playing volleyball and it never has been the same, then Friday I was walking up the stairs and did something weird to it and now it is not good. It is fairly swollen and it hurts. The doc gave me some anti inflammatory, and if that doesn't work it might need surgery. I have had surgery on both my feet before, I had some major boney bunion issues that I was born with, and had the bunions removed as an adult, and foot surgery is not fun! Not to mention that volleyball season begins again in January, and I have to be healthy for that!

Also found out that Gabe and Gwen have hand, foot and mouth disease. Which makes sense now, cause Gwen has been super grouchy and not eating or drinking much for the last week. I think though that we are probably at the tail end of it now, so hopefully by the end of the week we will be through that sickness.

Have a great day!

6 comments:

Sara@iSass said...

(*GASP*) I have bunions!!! I had surgery too and a lot of good it did. I get snappy toe. You know where you get cramps in your toes and it hurts...I call it snappy toe cause It makes this snapping sound when I bend it. Oh girl I fel for you. I hope your foot gets better! Love the pictures. Isn't it amazing what a little food will do for crankiness?

Heather said...

I always love pumpkin pictures! Thanks for sharing 'em. Sorry to hear about your foot issue - I can't imagine how aggravating that would be with three kiddos to chase!

Hannah said...

Looked like a fun day, after the grouchies, anyway. Kayleigh is your clone, btw!

So sorry about your foot. :(

Kristin said...

I hope they start feeling better from the hand,foot, and mouth. I love the pumpkin pics. GL with your foot. Hope that the medications work and you can avoid surgery.

Charisse said...

Hi Jennifer!
I am sorry to hear about your toe! And the kids having sickness!
Wow! So this is how you guys celebrate the fall? Is it when pumpkins are all ready? I don't think we do any of that here. Lots of pumpkins! Sorry it was a hot day!
Love ya lots,
Charisse

CrossView said...

What's fall without a pumpkin patch visit??!! LOL!

Hoping the meds will work for you. Surgery is no fun. =/


And hoping G & G are better SOON!