Saturday, October 18, 2008

This is getting ridiculous!

Gwen has 7 jackets and 5 coats that she can wear now, and 8 that she can grow into! Holy cow, that is 20! Now before you think I am a shop a holic, let me set you straight. I am one! J/K, only at rummage sales. I get 85% of the kids clothes at consignment or rummage sales, or if I am really lucky someone gives us hand me downs. Point is I didn't buy any of the coats that Gwen can currently wear, unless they were Kayleighs when she was that age. Most of them came from my friend Angie. We have a system, I give her all Kayleigh's clothes that she outgrows for her little girl, then when she is done she gives me all her little girls clothes. But geez louise, 12 jackets/coats for this winter, that isn't getting ridiculous, it is! All my kids have pretty much a whole fall/winter wardrobe though, thanks to buying at garage sales this summer.

My rummage sale was a smashing success, and we can now park in our garage, hooray! For cold, yucky weather is just around the corner.

Sorry to all my bloggy friends, my rummage sale took up so much of my time, that and the clean up afterwards, that I haven't had the chance to be online much and check everyone's blogs out. I will get back to normal soon!

I gotta go over my lesson for Bible study tomorrow morning at church. I guess it's a good idea for the teacher to know what she is talking about! Have a great night!

7 comments:

Sara@iSass said...

Glad to here it went well.
You HAVE been missed.
20 coats?!?! That is craziness.

Hannah said...

Glad your sale went well. Gwen will certainly not be getting cold this winter! :)

Kristin said...

Thats a lot of coats. She will be warm thats for sure.

Charisse said...

Well done! Good buys! That is a lot of coats!
Love Charisse

CrossView said...

The fact that you survived having a rummage sale is impressive. The fact that it went well is even better! =D

We usually have too many coats. Only this year, we're going to haveto break down and buy the youngest a new one. Her arms have grown feet... =P

Sara@iSass said...

Missing you. Whatcha been up to?

Stacy said...

Glad it went well.
I gave you an award