Friday, October 10, 2008

Darn Wal-Mart

I went to Wal Mart to get garbage bags and milk and spent $115, argh. Happens all the time, I think the technical term for it is Wal Mart shoppers amnesia. You come out of the store with $100 over what you intended to spend and have no idea how you did it. What happened to me is, I realized that we also needed diapers and pullups - $37, the milk was $11, toilet paper - $4, trash bags -$7, and so on and so forth, and before you know it, a cart full. But I thank God that we have the $115 to spend there, so many people now are struggling, and my heart and prayers go out to them!

Donny is at Disaster Relief Training tonight, so the next time there is a disaster, such as tornado, hurricane, etc., he will be qualified to go help! Me and the kids are on our own, so in just a bit it is bath time, a little bit of play time then blessed bed time and alone time for mommy, woo hoo! Have a great night!

4 comments:

Sara@iSass said...

Isn't it CRAZY the money we spend on something that our kids poop in and we throw out? Not like underwear, that might be oopsed in. No, their one and ONLY job is to get pooped in. And we spend gazillions of dollars on that. MAN, I wish I would have thought of that!

CrossView said...

And that's why I hate to "run to the store" for just one thing. And it's even worse when my husband goes along! =P

Hannah said...

One day this week I went into the store for toilet paper. I spent $50, and came home WITHOUT toilet paper! Argh!

Recently I figured out that by the time Natty is potty-trained, I will have changed approximately 12,000 diapers in the last eight years. It made me think that maybe I should have considered cloth diapering, but then if you think of all the extra loads of laundry you would have done.....nah, I don't think so!

Kristin said...

Happens that way at Target too. Watch out.