Friday, February 5, 2010

Well....

not much going on in my life right at this moment, but I'm working on consistency! Trying to shake this stinking allergy/sinus stuff that is hanging on for it's life, ugh. But I'll be ok, it won't last forever!

Anyone else out there ever have a problem with judging besides me? Funny thing is, I have a lot of grace for people I don't know, haha. Like a drug addict, prostitute or teen mom, because but by the grace of God I could be them, and still could! Ok, maybe not the teen mom, but you know what I mean :) But I just wanna love on them and tell them about Jesus and help them turn their life around.

But there are a few people that I am very close to, who don't have any outward serious issues, such as drugs, alcohol, etc., but my goodness they irritate me so much with their issues that sometimes I wanna give them a good thrashing! I can pick out every single thing that is wrong in their life and I want to tell them exactly what they need to do! Hmmm, I think there is a verse in the Bible 'bout that, something about a beam in my eye and a tiny speck in my brothers, ha!

So why is it that the people closest to me I have no grace for and the people I don't know, I can give them all kinds of grace. I guess because I have no expectations for someone I don't know and those closest to us we can place a lot of expectations on? Or could it be that I'm simply a sinful human being? I'd wager it's both!! ~sigh~ I just need to get my eyes off people, who will always let us down, and on Jesus, who will NEVER disappoint me!

1 comment:

CrossView said...

I've often asked myself the same thing. I think you're right: expectations and being human 'bout sum it up for me. =/