Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Consistency

So I'm gonna give this consistency thing a try. I have said this many times and never followed through, so we'll see! This is just another day for me!

Send kids to school, pick them up, laundry, dishes meals, baths, bed. Somedays I LOVE the routine, but occasionally I'll feel mom burnout. Today I'm good, lol.

I am feeling overwhelmed with the amount of commitments I've made. I was just thinking I need to sit down and write out everything I need to be doing, but I don't wanna!

I am in charge of my high school reunion, which is this September, but that, thankfully, is running smoothly, I have delegated alot!

I am heading up the candy bar sales for my daughter's school, there are only 40 students in the school, phew. But I'm feeling the pressure!

We all need dental checkups. I need to make sure Gabe has all the physicals/shots that he needs to start kindergarten and that Gwen has all that so she can start preschool.

We are having a super bowl party at our house on Sunday night, yay! But I'll be glad when all the preparing is done and the fun has begun!

I teach a Bible study class at church, which I LOVE, but really do feel the weight of the responsibility sometimes.

I am in charge of scheduling childcare workers during church on Sunday mornings, and surely everyone knows how easy it is to get volunteers for things, AND keep them, insert sarcasm.

Now I have somehow gotten to head one of our outreach activities at church, it's not a time consumming hard one, but I'm kinda freaking out!

Once candy bar sales and reunion is over, I will not be so overwhelmed and I am making NO MORE commitments right now, lol. Only if God lays them on my heart!! Most of those things don't take alot of time, but right some of the "work" has kind of fallen at the same time and I'm panicking! I guess I probably need to get off here and do something, huh!

2 comments:

Kara said...

Glad to see you blogging again! I can assure you I feel the same way, I have a few things hanging over my head. One I hope to get done before the end of the week. The problem is I need me time outside of my house to do it, coffee shop here I come!!

CrossView said...

I have been on a mission these last few years to learn to say "NO!". It's hard for me. But exhaustion makes me cranky. And I don't like me when I'm cranky. ;o)

But when you get yours all done, you can do the fist pump and holler "YAY! Me!". LOL!