Thursday, February 4, 2010

Tax refund time!

LOVE IT! Ours comes in next week. And while the bulk of it goes to practical things like paying off bills and savings, we do get to have a tiny bit of fun with it. I am buying the kids matching Easter outfits, myself a very expensive flat iron, and a few spring/summer items for myself, since, thankfully I am too skinny for my old ones, yipeeeeee!

Why would I waste money on an expensive flat iron you might ask? When you can get pretty decent ones for under $50. Because I have tried all kinds of products/flat irons and they just do not work on my hair! I don't have really curly hair, but it is one step below that level, and all I end up with is mostly straight, but puffy (frizzy) hair. I wear it natural, but dream of stick straight beautiful shiny hair! And I had given up that dream, until my hair dresser said she got a new flat iron that made her hair look like Jesus had styled it!! Now who can pass up Jesus styling your hair, lol?

Oh, and Donny will get to splurge a little bit too. He is waffling between a new gun or tv? I'm rooting for the tv!

2 comments:

CrossView said...

My 20-yr old LOVES her flat iron! She even has a mini one for her purse... LOL!

YAY! for new skinny jeans... I'm jealous!

Glad you get to be practical and have some fun! We're going soon and I'm hoping for good news on our end, too!

Hannah said...

People are funny. You are buying a flat iron to make your hair straight. I got a new set of steam rollers to keep my hair from being straight. LOL