Saturday, January 3, 2009

Wii Fit

We just got one today. The hubby has been wanting to get one, and has been on the lookout for the past month. But they have been as hard to find as a husband who does laundry, voluntarily. So today at Wal Mart, to hear Donny tell it, God was looking out for him and we got one of the three that had just been delivered and never even made it to the shelves because they were all purchased within about 2 minutes of being there.

Anyway I digress, I did the wii fitness test and I am officially classified as overweight. Overweight! I have never in my life been overweight. I was always a few pounds under bean pole as a teenager, and have been at my ideal weight for most of my adult life, minus during pregnancy, when you could say I was a few pounds over heifer. But after my third angel was born, when I was at the ripe old age of 33, I haven't been able to get rid of these last 25 pounds of baby fat. Funny thing, eating whole bags of baked BBQ lays with homemade ranch dip and whole bags of chocolate covered peanuts in one sitting, don't exactly jump start weight loss. Who knew? So if I ever want to see single digit sizes again I am going to have to excercise, ugh! I HATE to excercise! I used to never have to excercise. Did I mention I was a size bean pole? And I maintained that ideal weight by eating 4 hamburgers and 2 bowls of cereal for supper every day.

I guess that third child and my advancing age have really knocked my metabolism on it's butt, and it isn't going to get up. I think I have just worked it too dang hard for the 33 years previous an it is on strike. My goal: 10 pounds in one month, and then hopefully 25 pounds as quickly as possible after that. Pray for me. Did I mention that I hate excercise and love chocolate covered peanuts? Yeah, I'm in trouble!

6 comments:

Charisse said...

Awww....HUGS...don't you hate it when things classify you as overweight? It makes you feel so bad about yourself even though you shouldn't. Don't feel bad about the last baby. I hope you lose the weight that you want to lose and that it is a happy experience and not stressful! What is this machine that calculated your weight?
Love Charisse

selloutboy said...

Everyone loves chocolate covered peanuts, but maybe you can balance that with a healthy dose of Wii Fit. iv'e had mine for over 8 months now and I still love it. It actually does shave those extra "overweight" lbs if you're dedicated.

This is a video I just posted this week about my own Wii Fit obsession. Thought you might like.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DYN7hP-swo

selloutboy said...

Everyone loves chocolate covered peanuts, but maybe you can balance that with a healthy dose of Wii Fit. iv'e had mine for over 8 months now and I still love it. It actually does shave those extra "overweight" lbs if you're dedicated.

This is a video I just posted this week about my own Wii Fit obsession. Thought you might like.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DYN7hP-swo

Shel said...

Awww, don't feel bad - according to wii fit, I am obese and my kids are overweight! None of which is true. I really don't think that it is accurate.

I hope you enjoy your wii fit!! I actually just sold mine that I bought when it came out for $80 - today in fact!

Kristin said...

Love the Wii and Wii fit is my next purchase.

Paul said...

Hi there. I wouldn't take too much notice of the Wii Fit's judgement, and certainly don't take it to heart, I'd just use the weight measurement and go for what you feel good with.

Paul (www.wiifitforum.org)