Monday, January 19, 2009

Football

I am not a big football fan, never have been. Before I married my husband I knew absolutely nothing about the game except the shape of the ball and the general idea of getting the ball from one end of the field to the other. Now I know more than I really want to know, lol! Did you know that there are approximately 1, 423, 628 rules in professional football! My husband isn't a huge football fan, but he does keep up during the season and watches his fair share.

We are St. Louis Rams fans generally. I say generally because right now they bite, bad! So we all have to have a back up team to cheer for, right. Mine is any team that Kurt Warner is playing on, that man is awesome! And right now that is the Arizona Cardinals. For anyone who doesn't know, he became a superstar quarterback with the Rams back in the late 90's and early 2000's. It isn't how great a football player he is that makes him so awesome though. Or how good looking he is, cause ladies he is VERY easy on the eyes. Hey, I know I'm married, and my husband is a wonderful man who I love very much and think is very attractive, but I do have eyes in my head and can actually see other men and it would be ridiculous to not notice the attractiveness of other people on a basic level, lol! Or how just so dang nice he is that makes him so awesome.

It's his decision to live his life for Christ and to give Him all the glory for everything in his life. The man has some kind of testimony! And he doesn't just talk the talk he walks the walk. How refreshing it is to see a highly succesful superstar athlete praise God on national tv, it gives me goose bumps. I don't mean to put him on a pedestal, he is no better than any other Christian living their life for Jesus, it's just so great that with all the crap that usually comes from professional athletes who young people look up to, it's nice to have one that is actually worthy of looking up to.

Oh and in case you don't know the Cardinals have made it to the Super Bowl, go Cards!

2 comments:

CrossView said...

I'm not a football fan at all. But I now like this Kurt guy, too! LOL!

My husband is not bothered in the least by me noticing other men. He knows Mel Gibson and I go way back... ;o)

Sara@iSass said...

ha ha ha! We live and breath football here. and Hockey.
I am a Brett Farve fan. (talent, not personal) I am rooting for the Cardinals too. I do not like the Steelers. My favorite team: Patriots! Oh, baby if Brady wasn't hurt all season!!!!!
Them Manning boys aren't bad QB's either.