Friday, January 30, 2009

Fireproof

Is an AWESOME movie. I couldn't wait to see it. When I was in the eighth grade Kirk Cameron was my McDreamy, lol. He was on the show "Growing Pains" then and I was "in love" with him. I had a poster of him on my wall. As an adult he isn't all that to me anymore, still cute, but definitely not my McDreamy. But I enjoy seeing him in movies since he is pretty much out of the hollywood scene, except for doing some christian films. And I enjoy seeing movies that are inspirational, meaning christian, in nature.

The movie is just so moving. I have seen it twice now and cried like a baby at the end of it both times. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it. Even if you aren't a christian, there are principles and lessons in it for anyone. And it's just a really good movie. Ok, the acting isn't as good as say a Brad Pitt movie, but the content is a million times better! At least I think so.

5 comments:

Charisse said...

Sounds interesting. I have not seen this one as yet. I have seen the other Christian movies with him in them...may be I should try and see this one too! I enjoy things with him in it too!
Love Charisse

Kristin said...

This movie has been on my must see list for a while. I am getting it tonight!

Sara@iSass said...

Hubby and I saw this on Friday. We both liked it a lot. Yes, I was a Kirk fan too! lol. He has aged well don't you think?
Rob and I loved the message and felt so grateful at the end that we aren't i the place they were when it started, but felt getting the "heads up" was a good thing. I AM glad we didn't pay the outragous theater fees. We just can NOT afford that. I can wait a few months and rent it at redbox for $1 and spend another $3.50 on Chili's chips & salsa and we're still under ONE ticket!
Just call me "el cheapo!" Besides iit is cozier at home too. And I HATE bawling in the theater!!!

CrossView said...

I've been wanting to see it, too! Glad your review is good. ;o)
I saw the other two by the same people and loved those!

Shel said...

We watched it last night at church and I have to say that I LOVED it. I know it is a process but I want to love my husband like that and want him to love me like that :) I cried like a baby too!