Monday, January 5, 2009

Running

I don't like to, only if it involves my children bleeding to death do I attempt it. I am new to facebook and have recently discovered that several of my old friends are now running, and I mean serious running, like 5k's and half marathons and such. Makes me jealous. The thing is I never was a runner. I was quite an athlete in high school, volleyball was my favorite, and I played it all through junior high and high school. I was pretty darn good at softball and tennis as well, and I was up to trying any sport at least once. I could do 100 push ups and 50 sit ups in 10 minutes flat, I had the stamina of a horse, but running just never was my strong suit. Runners just seem to be the ultimate athletes, they are (usually) thin, and very dedicated and focused and have lots of energy. I would LOVE to be a runner, but HATE running, I could hit a ball against a wall all day and love it, but running one lap in the gym was detestable. Is there a point to this post, not really, just that I feel like a total slacker and want to magically enjoy running. A girl can always wish, can't I?

5 comments:

Kristin said...

Believe it or not I am a closet runner want to be too. I wanted to push myself to run a mile last year but nope. I just hate running.

Adelaine said...

I would love to be a runner as well. I started to attempt running on the treadmill at the gym...run a minute, walk 4 minutes...to slowly work into it. I was doing well until basketball season started and I don't have time to go. :( Come February, I'm back on it!

Look me up on facebook!! I would look you up but I don't know your last name!

Shel said...

OOoops - that was me in the last post :) I have another blog that is anonymous! Or I guess not quite so anonymous now, eh?

Charisse said...

Hey Jennifer,
a girl can wish :-) I actually can run real well but I don't do much of it now at all! My health does not allow me to. I also don't really enjoy running. I used to run when I was younger because I was good at it but not because I really enjoyed it...so it would be nice to have the health to run and to actually like running :-)
Love Charisse

Kara said...

This is totally me! But I really want to start running because well I need to get in shape! But just the thought of it makes me cringe!