Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Sad

So this morning I was looking at the "show off your trees" day at Sara's blog, http://www.butterville.blogspot.com/ and wow, there are some amazing trees and decorations on there. I am sad because we lost our tree and decorations last year in our fire. We had, like most people, been collecting ornaments over the years, and it makes me incredibly sad that they are gone. All of the "baby's first Christmas ones", Kayleigh's princess, Barbie, Barney, Elmo and all that reflected her obsession for that year. The very few we had bought for Gabe. The ones I had gotten on vacation. Our veggie tales manger scene is gone. Her hand print reindeer ornament. Everyday another sentimental Christmas item will come to my mind and make me sad. We will start all over and collect more from this day on, but I will always feel sad about them.

Sorry this is short and sad, just needed to share.

Want to add that, don't get me wrong, I am so very thankful for all that we do have, and my beautiful healthy family and everything that is important is right here with me. Just have moments of nostalgia over those things.

6 comments:

Sara@iSass said...

ahh! Jen! I'm so sorry about the fire. This time of year can be SO hard for people. I wish I had some magic words that I could say that would take away your sadness.
Thinking of you! Wishing you blessings.

Shel said...

Awww...I'm so sorry :( I know that has to hard. Maybe when they start bringing home the homemade ornaments this year it will help!

You know if they were Hallmark ornaments, you can get some of them off ebay! I know they aren't the originals you had but they are the same!

Kristin said...

I am sorry. That must be so difficult. I hope that you get some special ornaments this year to get your collection started over again. Not the same I know. HUGS.

Hannah said...

Oh, that is sad. I'm really sorry! At least when we lost all of our's to mold this year, they were all cheapy Walmart and Goodwill junkies...and that was even sad, so I can only imagine how sad you must feel. :*(

****hugs****

Charisse said...

Oh dear. I am sorry about the fire. What happened? I didn't know you had a fire. That would be sad (((HUGS)))
Love Charisse

CrossView said...

=(

I'm so sorry!