Tuesday, December 2, 2008

My Black Friday Shopping

I know this is a little late, but better late than never right! I know alot of people cringe at the thought of shopping on that day, but I love it. My friend and I embrace the day. We go knowing there will be crowds, traffic and long check out lines, but we got expecting to have a good time and are patient and enjoy each other's company!

Donny and I left the house at 3 am that morning and went to Wal Mart. He got in line for a blue ray player and I got in line for the portable dvd players, and my friend got in line for a computer. Holy cow is all I can say. I got pushed and shoved like nobody's business for a $50 dvd player that may have been worth $75 max! I was at the front of the group, and when the clock struck 5 it was every man for himself, I was being pushed from both sides and shoved from the back and it scared me pretty bad. I did get the dvd player, but my legs were shaking so bad after that, and I just wanted to get out of that store! We got quite a few good deals from Wal Mart when it was all said and done, but geesh, I have been to lots of Black Friday sales and that has never happened to me before.

So Donny took all our loot and went home then my friend and I took off for our day of shopping. It was great. I got tons of stuff, most on sale, a few things that weren't, but I got most of my shopping done, which is a relief. We hit Target, Kmart, ToysRUs, Gordmans, Once Upon a Child (a used kids clothes store), Archivers (a scrapbook store), Big Lots, Hobby Lobby, Best Buy, Goodwill, Lowes and Sam's Club. My favorite bargains were at Archivers. I am a beginning scrapbooker, and I really like it, but I am too frugal to want to pay high dollar for any of the supplies. I spent $30 and got I think $60-$70 worth of supplies, so that was exciting.

We got home that night after 9, and I was beat! But more fun than the shopping was just getting to spend the day with a good friend. To be able to eat at a grown up restaurant, Olive Garden (yum), and have adult conversation all day. Don't get me wrong I LOVE hunting for a bargain, but everything is more fun with a friend. I can't wait to get to do it again next year!

2 comments:

Charisse said...

Wow, what a day shopping! What does "Black Friday" mean? I keep hearing it or reading it on blogs and am not really sure. That would have been pretty scary being shoved and pushed like that. I think I would have freaked out a little! Glad you got some things done though :-)
Love Charisse

Gwendolyn said...

I used to do this every year,and I miss it! Maybe next year I will brave it again. Glad you had a great time!