Saturday, April 26, 2008

Garage Sale

I love, love, love garage sales, both having them and shopping at them. I had one with 2 of my friends this week and it was great. I was completely exhausted, but got rid of a lot of stuff and made quite a small stash. Of course I spent almost half of my earnings on stuff from the other people in the sale, but my kids are set on clothes for the rest of the summer so it was money well spent.

Then I went to another sale this morning and got a fry daddy, we have been missing ours since the fire, a few toys and a Nintendo ds. I have been wanting to have one of those ds's for a while now, if you haven't played the game brain age you have to try it, it is great. It is kind of like an iq test almost, it definitely gives your brain a workout! Now that garage sale season has started again I will be giving our pocketbook a workout too! But I would much rather pay $1 for an item than $20 or $25! I have probably saved us thousands of dollars by going to garage sales. Sorry if you are bored with all the bargain hunting talk, I just get so excited about finding bargains, it really is one of my most favorite things to do. I will keep everyone updated on my bargains from time to time, I know you all are wating with baited breath!

No comments: