Saturday, June 28, 2008

What did I get myself into!

Since we are closing on the house Monday, my friend and I went and measured the windows and rooms and purchased paint and looked at window treatments. Ok, first let me say that I HATE to paint. I really didn't want to paint, but my friends all said they would come and help, and that I should do it before we move in, etc. Which I know is the smart way to do it, but I am just so ready to get my life back together and be moved that I really don't care if I do paint or not. Anyway I decided to take them up on their offer and off we went.

We bought 8 gallons of paint, but I have been looking through some of the samples we brought home and am kind of having buyers remorse, so I may be going back to the store Monday and getting some other colors as well. I have a very hard time deciding on paint colors, it gives me a headache and I spend way too much time obsessing about it. The dining room/living room have already been painted and we like the colors so they are good, but every single other room in the house that we will actually "live" in will get painted, not painting like the utility room and stuff. I am soooo dreading this week. I really don't even know if we can get all the painting done, and I know by day 2 I will be miserable. I guess it will be a learning experience!

And of course we will do any cleaning that needs to be done, YUK! I really am thankful to have a home finally, and I need to focus on that other than sounding like an ungrateful, lazy person, lol! As soon as we close, I will try to figure out how to post some pics!

1 comment:

Shel said...

Oh I feel you. I know how it is to just want to get settled!

But on the other hand, you will be glad that you painted once you get your things in. You can truely be settled rather than sitting in your furniture and looking at the wall color and hating it.....it will bug you like crazy - speaking from experience :)

Have fun!! hahahaha