Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Counting my Blessings.

Hello to any left of my friends out there who might have checked in on my blog. I am going to try to get back into my blogging life again. I've missed everyone, but I still know what you did last week, lol!

Of course this is a "corny" counting my blessings blog. I say corny because at this time of the year the word thankful just becomes so reduntant. I of course , like anyone living in the good ole' USA, have more to be thankful for than I deserve. So I am listing two things today.

#1 I am thankful to my Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. First, He died a horrific, painful death on a cross, so that I could spend eternity in Heaven, not hell. Second, I am thankful because I accepted that gift of salvation, for without acceptance that death means nothing. And last because He has been/is more to me than just a fire escape. He has been my best friend, my confidante, my dad, my Saviour, my "bank" when I was in need, He has held me when no one on this earth could comfort me. He has loved me unconditionally through all my imperfections, and although we think people on earth do to, He is the only one who can see what we are like on the "inside", and I know for me that can be pretty ugly at times.

#2 I am thankful that my children have plenty of food. I know this one sounds trite and overused, but I am going to link a picture here that has changed my life. WARNING, it is quite graphic and very sad, and is a downer right now, so if you are on a holiday high, and want to stay there, you might want to view it later. www.snopes.com/photos/people/kevincarter.asp This picture says it all about how much we have to be thankful for, and I have never viewed my life the same since seeing it, I actually printed off the picture, so I can never ever forget how blessed I am.

I hope you all have a blessed Thanksgiving, and I will post a much more light hearted post next time, I promise!

5 comments:

CrossView said...

Thank you for this! What a way to focus on what is most important!

The Snopes.com link was mesmerizing. The story of the photo AND the photographer....

I'm thankful you shared this. =)

Sara@iSass said...

Glad your coming back, you've been missed.
Happy Thanksgiving.

Hannah said...

Welcome back.

And as disturbing as it is, I'm booking marking that pic so I can go look at it if I ever start to feel sorry for myself for any reason. We are so blessed.

Kristin said...

Welcome Home! Happy Thanksgiving. Glad to see you around again. That pic and the story of the photographer are heart wrenching. I that you for sharing it. Puts things in perspective.

Charisse said...

Amen sister. Preach it! Ha! I totally agree with all that you said about our loving Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. It is true and I am thankful for Him as well! I am fired up after reading your blog! Praise the Lord!!!
Love Charisse