Thursday, May 22, 2008

Where has the time gone?

Tonight our oldest has her end of the year school program, she is officially a 2nd grader! WOW! Wasn't she just born last year? HaHa! I sometimes think it is a cosmic (ok, I don't believe in the "universe" rules our lives theory, I'm a firm believer in God and His sovereignty in our lives, but I digress) joke that when our kids are babies and aren't sleeping through the night that we feel these days will never end and then wake up one day and they are 10!

I was always sad when the school year would end as a kid, I am a sentimental sap, and feel the same way now. Knowing that with the end of each school year my baby is getting older and older, as do I but that is another post!, and will someday soon not be my baby anymore, makes me sad beyond words. Not that I would want her to stay this age forever, but it sure does hit home how we need to enjoy each moment and each day we have, because all too soon it will be over! ~sigh~ I feel so old, :(

The house stuff is coming along. Now there is a different set of worries! Like I hope we can afford it :) It's not like we bought some kind of mansion or anything, finances in general always just stress me out! We have sold our lot that our old house was on, which is a very good thing! So in about a month about a thousand loose ends should be tied up, and none too soon! I hate danglins'!

Then I have to buy furniture for a whole house in a few weeks time. Although it will be fun to be able to buy mostly new, or new to us, things, without worrying too much about money, it will be extremely stressful just getting the necessities like beds, couch, kitchen table, if you ask my husband, tv, picked out and delivered in a short period of time. I know this time will pass and at Christmas I will look at our house and be extremely grateful, which I really already am, and content, and thankful, but Christmas is a looooong way off:)

Seriously though God has been really good to us through the provision of His people and I feel so blessed to call Him Father. I am better than I deserve!

1 comment:

Shel said...

Just try and relax! God will take care of all of it - the little and the big!

We have a daybed you can have if you are interested. It's wood, circa 1980's, and a little squeaky but looks and sleeps just fine! It was my SIL's but we don't need it anymore and she doesn't want it. Just email if you are interested!