Monday, August 24, 2009

This n that

I kind of took a break from blogging, in case anyone noticed :) I'm back, in case anyone cares, lol. Just been a busy summer, and about to be a busier fall. But isn't everyone "busy". My busyness isn't any more important than another's busyness I would say, so that is no excuse.

Please pray for my husband's cousin, Shelly. She lost her husband about a month ago, he died of cancer, at the age of 42, after about a 2 year very painful battle. Very sad. Then an aunt died a few days ago, and today 4 hours before that funeral, Shelly's dog, Sabre, who she has had for 12 years got hit by a car and died. She has no children, he's her baby. She, understandably, isn't doing well today. Her grief plate is full right now. She could use some help bearing it.

Donny, my husband, is down at his folks, about 2 hours from here, for the funeral of the aunt. So I'm a single mom for a few days. I'm a single mom most days, his work schedule is crazy, add any family trips and there ya go. Gwen has been quite, um, curious today. She rubbed nail glue all over her bare belly, you know the kind that dries in 1 second flat and is so strong it can suspend a two hundred pound man with a hard hat on to a steel pole. Thankfully she got it on no other body parts to stick them together, sheesh that could have been bad. And for anyone who says to me, well don't leave it out where she can get it. I say, I was glueing some broken toys together, turned my back for 5 seconds and hurricane Gwen struck. Seriously, she is faster than Edward Cullen. Then she pulls over her and her sisters bookshelf/cubby thingy in their room. Toys and books everywhere. Put her down for her nap and wouldn't ya know it she didn't sleep a wink. ~sigh~ I'm at my Gwenny disaster/whining limit for the day and it's a looooooong time til bedtime, pray for me.

2 comments:

CrossView said...

I noticed you were "gone". I'm glad you're back!

Poor Shelly! That's an awful lot to trudge through. I'm so sorry! =(

But Hurricane Gwen??!! ROFL! I had some of those.... And it didn't matter what I had put away, there was always *something* that could be a problem. The most innocent of items, even. This too shall pass.... Honest!

Sara@iSass said...

OK Jenn, it's good to have you back...I think summer is only busy for mom's seriously, because the kids are all home and all wanting attention.
SO sorry to hear about all that Shelly is going through,And your Aunt dying.
Hurricane Gwen, what gets into those little ones?!?!? Nick has been into making mud...But I'm not gonna talk about that, it's still to fresh in my mind. :)
And yes, my dear WE DO CARE when you aren't blooging and LOVE when you come back to us.